- 500 g trout fillet (skin and bone-free)
- 5 cm ginger, grated
- Lime peel (from 1 lime)
- Lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 2 cl soya sauce
- 1 big chilli, finely chopped (without seeds)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 lime leaves, cut into fine strips
- 1 tsp sugar/fructose /artificial sweetener
- 2 carrots
- ½ squash
- Basmati rice
Cut the fillet into 4×4 cm pieces and place them in a plastic bag together with grated ginger, lime juice, lime peel, soya sauce and the finely chopped chilli. Leave to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Sautee the onion in wok. Add in coconut milk, lime leave strips and sugar. Do not allow the sauce to boil as this will cause the coconut milk to separate.
Add the marinated fish with all the spices and stir carefully. Let it simmer for a few minutes and serve with basmati rice and a salad consisting of grated carrots and squash. Pour the lime juice over the salad before serving.